Ship direct to us and we return ship direct to you! No need to use an FFL per Atf for firearm repairs that you already own. Acoating is a licensed Federal Firearm Dealer/Gunsmith.
If you need a copy of FFL for your shipping source please email and we will glad to provide a FILE copy.
Below you will see shipping instructions for each carrier Usps, Ups, Fedex please use the link for the most up to date information, a copy of info has been provided for your convience.
Can I send my firearms directly to Acoating or do I have to send them through a Dealer?
You may of course send your firearms through your local Dealer, however, the ATF permits you to send your firearms directly to a manufacturer/gunsmith for repair or refinishing. Acoating holds a Federal Firearms License (FFL) and is registered as a Gunsmith/Dealer of firearms with Atf. You may send your firearms directly to Acoating provided they are shipped through a carrier such as Usps, UPS or FedEx. The carriers will typically require handguns to ship Next Day Air or Second day air and long arms Second Day Air (Usps long guns can go Parcel post 4-6 days best value). We return ship thru Usps for expense reasons but you must be a dealer in order to ship handguns so the other carries seem to be easiest route for the customer. Acoating, in turn, is required to ship the firearms back to you at the same address.
Non-serialized parts such as a slide, barrel, stock or sights may be sent in any manner you like. Usps Flat rate boxes are the best value. To insure what you want and need please shop and verify with each shipper to meet your requirements.
***A non-licensee may ship a firearm by carrier to a resident of his or her own state or to a licensee [Acoating] in ANY STATE. A common or contract carrier must be used to ship a handgun. In addition, Federal law requires that the carrier be notified that the shipment contains a firearm and prohibits common or contract carriers from requiring or causing any label to be placed on any package indicating that it contains a firearm. [18 U. S. C. 922(a)( 2)( A) and 922( e), 27 CFR 178.31]
Non firearms, such as parts, barrels, slides, AR15 upper receivers etc - do not have to be sent via UPS/FedEx.
A basic list of guidelines for shipping your firearm(s) to us:
1. Full handguns must be shipped by NEXT DAY AIR either UPS or FedEx. You CANNOT ship full handguns by USPS. Shotguns & Rifles may be shipped via ground service, check with your carrier for details.
2. Take it to a service center, not the UPS Store, any pack and ship place, or drop box.
3. UPS and FedEx require you to notify them you are shipping a firearm. Declare it as an 'unloaded firearm going in for repair'.
4. BE SURE IT IS UNLOADED! DO NOT INCLUDE AMMUNITION WITH YOUR GUN.
5. Pack it well, separating the frame and slide if an auto and wrap thoroughly
6. Insure it for replacement value, insurance is CHEAP.
7. Do not put GUN, FIREARM, or our full company name on the outside of the package
8. Include your contact details in the box - VERY IMPORTANT.
9. Give a thorough description of what you want done to your firearm, don't assume we'll remember our conversation with you.
If you are unclear about any of these instructions, please contact us prior to shipping.